FIVE EASY STAGING TIPS
THESE WILL COST YOU $100 OR LESS, AND WILL HELP SELL YOUR HOME QUICKER AND FOR MORE MONEY!
This article is a follow up to our previous post : tips that won’t cost you any money.
To begin, why Staging? A Staged home will look better than the competition and therefore sell faster and/or for more money. As an Accredited Staging Professional and an experienced Realtor, I’ve witnessed the power of Staging. Even on the most limited of budgets, changes can be made to have a huge impact. Here I share five easy tips for under $100 each that will help your home make a better impression and yield better results on the market.
1. Paint- also known as “money in a can.” Too often buyers can’t see past color that is strong, out of style, or has seen better days. One of the goals of successful Staging is to appeal to all tastes – so go soft and neutral (but stay away from white which is too stark). Remember when choosing colors, stay true to the style of the home. This is one area that I strongly suggest consulting a professional Stager – you don’t want to paint twice!.
2. Make small repairs. It will help give the overall impression of a well maintained home. These things will come up during the home inspection anyway. It is easier and less expensive to make these repairs before they become an objection. Every little problem buyers see reduces how much they will offer!
3. Add warmth and personality to the bathroom. Purchase fluffy, neutral towels for the bathrooms. Put them out for showings.
The best part of this small expense is that you can take these with you and use them when you move. This will help (especially in the Master Bath) evoke a pampered, spa-like atmosphere, which buyers adore!
4. Make sure all lights are operating properly. Replace all light bulbs with the highest wattage they can take. I particularly like “Reveal” bulbs which give off a bright, natural light
5. Spruce up landscaping. Keep beds edged and weeded. Plant low-maintenance flowers that will give your curb appeal a boost. Remember, you never have a second chance to make that first impression.
Given today’s tough market conditions, sellers need to do everything they can to make sure their home is well received by buyers. Hopefully, these tips will help you prepare your home for the market and lead to a successful sale.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Amy Schuman is an Accredited Staging Professional ( ASP ) and real estate agent. She uses her home staging expertise to sell listings quicker and for more money. The average home in the Cleveland area sold in over 100 days in 2008 and The Schuman Team’s listings sold in less than 60 days.
The Schuman Team also specializes in luxury homes and are members of the Luxury Home Consultants of Keller Williams Realty Greater Cleveland and of the prestigious Institute for Luxury Home Marketing,the premier independent authority in training and certification for real estate agents working in the luxury home market. The Schuman Team also works extensively with buyers and sellers who are relocating in or out of the area.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in Bainbridge, Beachwood, Moreland Hills, Orange, Pepper Pike, Solon or the surrounding Eastern suburbs, please contact The Schuman Team.
Check out the award-winning website, www.schumanteam.com .
or CLICK HERE to visit The Schuman Team’s blog and then save it as one of your favorites.
All content is the property of The Schuman Team and may not be duplicated or used without their written consent. ©2009
- Cleveland Ohio Real Estate: Home Staging – Free Tips to Home Sellers
- Cleveland Ohio Real Estate: Home Selling – Staging Will Help Sell A Vacant Home
- Home Staging and Why It Is Imporant To Today’s Sellers
- Home Selling Staging Tips – Define Rooms To Get Top Dollar
- Home Selling Staging Tips – First Impression Is Key