Local agents know their towns better than anyone else. We firmly believe that using a local Realtor® is in your best interests and in this post we will give you reasons why local is the only way to go.
ALL REAL ESTATE IS NOT THE SAME
To begin, real estate and the communities in which it is located is unique. No one house is the same and neighborhoods are all different as well. Although you can get basic information on the internet, there are certain things that only a local agent will know.
5 REASONS WHY USING A LOCAL AGENT IS BETTER
1. Superior Market Knowledge – A good local agent constantly tours the market and knows the inventory. Photos on line don’t always show the true story of a home. A local “insider” will be able to share vital information that will end up saving you time and money.
2. They Know The Schools – The strength of a community often starts with the schools. A local agent will often have kids in the school system and be able to share specific information with you.
3. Neighborhood Experts – A local agent not only knows all the specific neighborhoods inside and out, but often has friends and clients in each one that can be made available if needed. While getting information from your agent is nice, hearing directly from people who live in the neighborhoods you are looking to buy is even better.
4. Strong Relationships With Other Agents – A good local agent will network with other local agents to get the scoop about homes that may be coming on the market in the future or learn about a seller who has suddenly become “highly motivated” and is open to offers. You’d be shocked about the kind of information that is passed between local agents, things that will never appear on line.
5. In The Know – Local agents are aware of upcoming changes that may affect the housing market. Some may be good, and some could negatively impact values. They are also always hearing the latest community gossip at the local softball field and PTA meetings, information that sellers don’t tell their own agents. Things get discussed in small circles in every community and a good local agent will know about them and be able to share with their clients.
LOCAL IS SAFER
I often get calls from agents asking for directions to one of our listings, or wanting more information on a popular subdivision in town. It’s obvious they don’t know the area and I wonder why they would do such a disservice to their clients. Referring the business to an agent who knows the local area better seems to make more sense.
If you are ever looking to buy or sell real estate, remember that a real estate transaction is very complicated, involving a lot of money and risk. A local agent is always the safest choice.
The above information is compliments of The Schuman Team, Amy and Dan, of Howard Hanna Real Estate Services. The Schumans are proud residents of Solon, Ohio.
They can be reached at 216-346-3235 or via email, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Schumans service the following Cleveland area suburbs: Bainbridge, Bay Village, Beachwood, Bentleyville, Chagrin Falls, Cleveland Heights, Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Hunting Valley, Lakewood, Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights, Mayfield Village, Moreland Hills, Oakwood Village, Orange, Pepper Pike, Shaker Heights, Solon, South Euclid, University Heights, Westlake, Woodmere.
Why You Should Use A Local Agent When Buying Or Selling A Home is the property of The Schuman Team and may not be duplicated or used without their written consent. ©July,2011