There are so many ways for families to enjoy the comfortable temperatures and beautiful foliage that accompany fall in Greater Cleveland. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Apple Picking: Enjoy the bounty of local orchards and pick your own apples. Two great choices – Eddy’s and Patterson Fruit Farm both in Chesterland, Ohio . Also, a great outing is Patterson’s annual Family Fun Fest which runs for about a month and is perfect for young children.
2. Lake Farm Park – Tons of fall fun in this Metro Park farm that is open to the public. Most popular are the Halloween Hayrides – be sure to take the very young crowd to the earlier rides and save the later evening rides for the 5 and up crowd. A word to the wise, tickets sell out so pre-book!
3. Derthicks Corn Maze – We just discovered this two years ago and it is now a must on our Fall activity list. Each year the folks at Derthicks (located in Mantua and convenient to both Cleveland and Akron) create a HUGE picture maze in the corn. You get a sheet and have to find your way to several checkpoints. There are some other activities for the kids as well as food and drinks for sale.
4. Hiram House Pumpkin Festival This year is the 40th year celebration. It is being held on Sunday, October 9th from 10am-5pm. Here you’ll find music, games, crafts, animals, and so much more on this spectacular camp located in Chagrin Falls. Hiram House is a non-profit camp that exists to enrich the lives of children. This fall fest funds the camp programming and is one of the best fall events in the area. Park at Orange Schools and you will be shuttled to Hiram House.
5. Boo At The Zoo – For 8 special nights toward the end of October, the Cleveland Zoo opens up for some very special Halloween fun. There’s a train ride, haunted ( green ) house, hay maze, animal show, magic show and so much more. We suggest you get tickets in advance because they can sell out. Both children and adults are encouraged to wear a costume ( not scary though as young children will be there ) and every child in attendance gets a special treat bag.
There are so many more festivals and activities to do while enjoying the crisp fall air. We invite you to comment and share some of your family favorites!
The above information is compliments of The Schuman Team, Amy and Dan, of Howard Hanna Real Estate Services.
They can be reached at 216-346-3235 or via email, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Schumans service the following Cleveland area suburbs: Bainbridge, Bay Village, Beachwood, Bentleyville, Chagrin Falls, Cleveland Heights, Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Hunting Valley, Lakewood, Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights, Mayfield Village, Moreland Hills, Oakwood Village, Orange, Pepper Pike, Shaker Heights, Solon, South Euclid, University Heights, Westlake, Woodmere.
5 Fall Events For Children In Cleveland Ohio is the property of The Schuman Team and may not be duplicated or used without their written consent. ©October,2011